Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It takes three days.

When I was reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair I realized that it took a man three days to go from a shaven and shorn man looking for a job, to a unshaven and unkept man looking for work.  Women didn't have it as bad.

So this post is about buying razor blades.

Four years ago my husband bought100 razor blades off of ebay.  They were the kind that you put in an old fashion razor(this is just and example I am not endorsing a product).    The ones he bought came from Israel and were sold a 100 to a box.  He is down to the last few and we will be buying another 100.  I would say that was a great value for Hard Times.

(It is not that I am having a Hard Time. This is just a way of living and thinking in Hard Times.)
.

2 comments:

  1. So very practical. Hard times require us to take a second look at the way we think and actions we take in everyday life.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should get a copy of the Jungle...or just read it on line, by Upton Sinclair. They should understand that we are living a repeat of that time. When you read how they were sold the house....oh my, you realize that it is the same sells pitch that they offered over the last 4 years.

    ReplyDelete